Puget Sound Personnel

Resources for Individuals, Families and Advocates

The following website links provide timely information on COVID-19.

COVID-19 Information

National Resources

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

What you need to know plus resources for the community.

ASPE COVID-19 Updates

Information geared toward the health and safety of job coaches, job developers, as well as individuals and families receiving services.

Washington State Resources

Washington State Coronavirus Response

Washington State’s official COVID-19 site provides the latest news on the pandemic.

King County Resources

King County COVID-19 Resource Guide

The county’s information and resource guide on coronavirus.

King County Public Health

News and resources regarding COVID-19 in the community.

The following website links provide valuable information on disability issues, advocacy and programs.

King County Resources

King County Developmental Disabilities Division (KCDDD)
A department of Community and Human Services, KCDDD's support and services encompass early childhood development, school readiness, access to community activities, employment, retirement, housing and advocacy.

KCDDD A Guide to Employment: A Resource for People with Developmental Disabilities & Their Families
Available as a PDF document for printing, this guide provides a listing of employment agencies and services for those seeking a job or other community involvement.

King County Parent Coalition/Arc of King County
This local Arc chapter is the area’s champion for advocating for the rights of children and adults with developmental disabilities to live, learn, work and play in the community. New members are always welcome The site’s extensive Resource Guide is especially helpful.


Snohomish County Resources

Snohomish County Human Services Developmental Disabilities
Provides a broad range of supports and services to Snohomish County citizens with developmental disabilities, their families and the community at large.


Washington State Resources

Washington State DSHS Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA)
Assists individuals with developmental disabilities and their families to obtain services and supports based on individual preference, capabilities and needs while promoting everyday activities, routines and relationships common to most citizens. Their Resource Links are extensive.

Washington State DSHS Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR)
A Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), DVR is designed to meet the employment needs of people with disabilities and employers. Services include counseling and guidance; medical and psychological services; vocational and technical training services; rehabilitation technology services and devices; and job placement and retention services.

The Arc of Washington
With ten local chapters throughout the state, the ARC advocates for the rights and full participation of all citizens with developmental disabilities.

SAIL (Self Advocates in Leadership)
A statewide advocacy coalition dedicated to influencing policies impacting people with developmental disabilities.

Disability Rights Washington (DRW)
A free advocacy service specializing in disability rights information and referral; problem solving strategies for disability issues; community education and training; and legal services for disability discrimination or violation of rights.


Federal/National Resources

Social Security Administration
Online benefit information about Social Security, SSI and disability.

American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD)
The country's largest cross-disability membership organization, the AAPD organizes the disability community to be a powerful voice for change—politically, economically and socially.

The Arc of the United States
The leading national advocate for people with developmental disabilities and their families and a premier provider of vital supports and services for positive life outcomes.

Get Adobe ReaderSome links require Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print information. You can download it for free by clicking the icon.

Back to Top

Untapped Resource

Recent U.S. Department of Labor data shows that only 21.4% of people with disabilities are employed—leaving 78.6% outside the labor force without any reasonable means of gaining self-sufficiency.


PSP Illustration